Sunday, May 24, 2020

Lori Hunter Makes A Difference at CUES!


Lori Hunter is an amazing lady and Columbia School District employee.  Her caring attitude and intense concern for Columbia students has taken her from working with preschoolers, to Options High School, to Columbia Elementary, and now to Columbia Upper Elementary, where she serves as the administrative assistant to the principal.

Mrs. Hunter said that she is, “so proud to have been recognized by my peers with the ‘You Make a Difference’ award.  It came as a complete shock, but what an honor!”  She continued by saying that she feels, “so appreciated and thankful for the staff at Columbia Upper Elementary School.  I work with such amazing people that go above and beyond each and every day!”

Lori Hunter mentioned that “the best job in the world is to be able to spend each day helping children and families. Yes, at times it is stressful, but working hard for this school district and community is my passion. Every day, I get to do something that I love and hope to make a difference. All I know is that I would not trade it for the world!”

Mrs. Hunter loves her position at Columbia Upper Elementary.  She said that she receives much joy and hugs every day.  She continued by saying that, “It warms my heart and it keeps me going!” She added, “Every day the students bring a smile to my face and I love to watch them grow!”

Mrs. Hunter is a Golden Eagle for life!  She commented that, “I have had the pleasure of working with generations of families. Many of those I once had as students at COHS now have children of their own. It is incredible to see those I once had as students now flourish as parents.”  She continued by saying, “I am proud to say that it is an honor to be a part of this amazing school district that I call part of my family and it is a “Great Day to be a Golden Eagle!”

No comments:

Post a Comment