Sunday, May 6, 2012

The ROCK!

The other day we were looking at options for T-shirt designs for our summer camp programs at LCS. One of the designs said, “Summer Camp ROCKS!” Underneath the word ROCKS was a picture of various rocks. I instantly liked the idea of using this design because it has so many possibilities in the messaging. The Bible refers to both rocks and rock many times. When I think about God as the Rock, I think of how strong and righteous He is! For example, in Deuteronomy 32:4 we read, He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he. I also think of God as being my Savior, like in 2 Samuel 22:47 “The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be my God, the Rock, my Savior! Then, as we continued to brainstorm the messaging options, my mind went back to the Sunday School song about building on the rock, the Lord Jesus Christ and how that song is based upon Matthew 7:24 – 27. “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”


As Christians, we have the opportunity to build our lives on the Rock! Our day-to-day activities are shaped by our desire to have a solid foundation built upon Jesus Christ our Savior! As the final planning takes place I look forward to seeing the final choice for the summer camp theme and, of course, the T-shirt! Please join me in praying for those who are preparing to work with our children through the LCS summer camp program.

No comments:

Post a Comment