Friday, January 27, 2012

Sky-Writing about God's Love

Last Friday as I stepped out of my car, I looked up and saw a plane starting to write a word in the sky.  How neat!  I wondered what the pilot would write.  Slowly, the plane spelled out the word, “LOVE.”  I kept watching as the pilot spelled out “GOD.”  Wow!  I was impressed by the huge expression of emotion scrawled across the sky; “LOVE GOD.”   As we go about our daily lives many of us try to live each moment truly expressing our love for God, but rarely do we see such an overt expression of feelings.  As I kept thinking about the sky-writing, the following verse popped into my mind; Deuteronomy 6:5 (NIV) Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. Is this the message the sky-writer wanted me to hear?  I felt challenged to step-it-up and really love God with even more tenacity!  Please join me in the challenge to focus in on loving the Lord our God with all of our heart, soul, and strength.  Just think of the impact we will have on the greater Lansing area!

No comments:

Post a Comment