Sunday, May 17, 2020

Making A Difference Every Day: Kristy Hannewald!


Columbia Options High School administrative assistant Kristy Hannewald was honored with the “You Make A Difference Award” this year.  Kristy is well loved by the students and staff members at Options High School.  When asked what she liked about her position at Options High School, she said, “Working with the students here at Columbia is rewarding to me. I enjoy being a part of the students’ development, as I help create a loving atmosphere and a constant in their lives.”


Kristy Hannewald began as an integral Columbia School District team member in the transportation department as a driver and secretary.  During her time serving the Columbia School family she has also been the Columbia Community Fitness Center Director and the Columbia Central Junior High secretary.  Her love for supporting our students, teachers, and community members has made interactions with Kristy a positive experience. 

Kristy works to motivate the Columbia Options High School students by encouraging them to exceed their expectations and their past academic performance.  Her caring and nurturing spirit supports the students both academically and socially.  She said that, “The position that I hold at the Alternative building has been so positive. In the two years that I have held the position, I have been able to listen and direct some students in a positive direction to help them accomplish their goals.”

Mrs. Hannewald is greatly appreciated by her fellow staff members.  They appreciate her ability to play an integral part of the leadership team.  Mrs. Hannewald says she is so blessed to have a job in which every day is diverse, and is so privileged to work in the satisfying, life-changing career of being the administrative assistant for such fabulous students and staff members.  She continued by saying, “I am truly blessed to be in the position that I am in, surrounded by my students and staff in a district that I call my second family.”  If you are interested in learning more about Columbia School District and our programs, email me at Pamela.Campbell@myeagles.org or call 5175926641.

No comments:

Post a Comment