Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sun Glasses!

Oh! Wow! I can hardly see! The sun is in my eyes! I need to put my sun glasses on. How many of you have had sun in your eyes and needed sun glasses to block the glare?

In the morning as I drove towards the shiny sun, I had my sun glasses on and my visor down to block the brightness. It reminded me of the way many things get in the way and block our relationship to Jesus Christ. We allow many distractions and responsibilities to come between us and the Son of God. During chapel this morning I challenged our elementary students to take time to read their Bible and pray. Specifically, we reviewed many distractions and activities. We talked about cutting back and taking time out of our busy lives to make time for devotions. Many of our elementary students agreed that they would devote 30 minutes to reading their Bible and praying. Bible reading would be a great family activity. Take some time with your children to help them prioritize and plan for devotional time. Please join the elementary students and me in answering the question: What are things that you could identify in your life that blocks your relationship to God? Complete the process by joining me in prayer and daily Bible reading, dedicating ourselves to unblocking our relationship with Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment