Saturday, March 24, 2012

Keeping it Fresh!

Lately my husband and I have made quite a few visits to the Lansing City Market. As we walk around the vendors, it seems as though everything looks so fresh! Crisp apples, perfectly ripe avocados, crunchy carrots and the best chocolate milk anywhere! Those crisp fresh fruits and vegetables are not spoiled and are full of wonderful flavor. Sometimes I think that I also need more freshness in my spiritual life. Staleness easily invades our relationship with God, while it takes a lot of intentionality and work to keep our fruits of the Spirit fresh. Those fruits are described in Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Wow! That is a great list of fruits to keep fresh in our lives. Please join me this week in praying that God will help us be intentional as we work to keep the fruits of the Spirit fresh!

No comments:

Post a Comment